Governor Gavin Newsom issued an order on March 19, 2020, directing California residents to stay at home except for authorized, necessary activities or to maintain the continuity of operations of critical infrastructure sectors. Long before this, Lakeside Manor had already decided to isolate the establishment on March 12 as its COVID-19 response — a full week before the stay-at-home order was announced.
Our decision to close the doors of Lakeside Manor to visitors and guests is based on studies that show how the elderly are more susceptible to infection and at an increased risk of severe illness.
If you are a family member or a legally authorized family representative who needs to arrange for a personal visit with a Lakeside Manor resident, please get in touch with us.
Digital Assessment for Admission
In adherence to the stay-at-home order in effect in the State of California, and for the safety and health of all Lakeside Manor residents and health care personnel, we are conducting admissions digitally.
Our online admissions process ensures that prospective residents and their family members are able to abide by the stay-at-home order and that there is no unnecessary physical contact that can facilitate the transmission of the SARS-CoV-2 virus and other types of pathogens.
Currently, administrator assessments are being conducted through Skype and Zoom video conferencing, or simply by phone. This procedure has in no way affected our ability to evaluate prospective residents and process new admissions.
Your health and safety is our priority, so digital assessments shall remain in force until further notice.
Virtual Walk-throughs for Serious Future Residents
We understand that prospective residents who are seriously considering living at Lakeside Manor in the future, as well as their family members, would want to see how life is like in our establishment. To ensure you get to appreciate our facilities and the services we offer, you can see Lakeside Manor for yourself through our virtual tours conducted via Skype and Zoom.
Our virtual walk-throughs offer a mini glimpse of Lakeside Manor’s people, place, and facilities — how life would be for you once you start living here. It’s also our way of ensuring your safety and convenience as our virtual walk-throughs eliminate the need for you to travel, so you can simply view our facilities from the safety and comfort of your own home.
You can also give your comments and ask questions during the walk-through, and we’d be happy to answer them right away.
Proper Protocols in Place to Protect Our Residents
Since announcing our decision to isolate Lakeside Manor last March 12, we immediately implemented the necessary safety, health, and hygiene protocols to protect all of our residents and health care personnel.
We have also taken it upon ourselves to properly enforce CDC guidelines for long-term care facilities and nursing homes. These include but are not limited to the following:
- Disseminating information and related updates about COVID-19
- Educating and training health care personnel on COVID-19-related concerns
- Educating facility-based and consultant personnel and volunteers on COVID-19-related concerns
- Educating residents and families about COVID-19
- Enforcing health and hygiene protocols, including social distancing, hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene, cough etiquette and wearing a cloth face covering
By implementing CDC guidelines, we are not only ensuring our adherence to state regulations but also minimizing the possibility of anyone contracting COVID-19 in our facility.
Increased Sanitation Methods Throughout the Entire Residence
As part of Lakeside Manor’s implementation of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines concerning hand hygiene, we have 20 hand sanitizers distributed throughout the facility on top of our existing hand-washing facilities.
We also strictly implement the following simple precautionary measures recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO):
- Regular and thorough washing of hands for at least 20 seconds, or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer to kill viruses
- Social distancing, i.e. maintaining about 1 meter or 3 feet between persons to prevent virus transmission
- Avoiding crowds and keeping groups small and manageable while observing social distancing – Currently, the disallowance of non-medical visits to the facility has greatly aided in the enforcement of this measure.
- Instructing residents and health care personnel to avoid touching their faces to eliminate the chance of the virus entering the body through the eyes, nose and mouth
- Observing proper respiratory hygiene, i.e. covering the mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing
- Educating health care personnel on the need to stay home and self-isolate in case they experience any symptoms of the disease, and to seek medical attention when the need arises
- Consulting only trusted sources such as the WHO and local/national health authorities for any/all COVID-19 related information and updates
With these precautionary measures in place, we’re doing our part in not only blocking the transmission of the SARS-CoV-2 virus but also ensuring your loved ones are safe and healthy at Lakeside Manor.
Important Facts About Our Lockdown
As mentioned, our desire to protect our residents and healthcare staff prompted us to isolate Lakeside Manor as early as March 12, 2020. This was immediately followed by our compliance with the presidential order to stop all non-medical visits.
As a result, during routine state inspection, Lakeside Manor was commended by the RN Health Facility Inspector for our preparedness and implementation of preemptive measures to ensure the health and safety of everyone in our facility.
We Are Doing Everything in Our Power to Make Sure Our Residents Are Safe and Healthy for the Entirety of This Pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic is a global health crisis that countries around the world, including the United States, continue to grapple with. With no vaccine in sight as yet, we can only depend on what we know about the virus and our knowledge of how we can prevent or, at the very least, slow down its spread.
Given this, we want to emphasize that the health and safety of all Lakeside Manor residents and health care personnel remain our highest priority. Through the strict implementation of government-mandated guidelines and health authority advice, as well as our own preemptive COVID-19 response, we hope to assure you of our commitment to the care of our residents and the community.
If you have any questions or concerns about a family member who is a resident of Lakeside Manor, or anything related to our facilities and services, please reach out to us. We’ll be more than happy to answer your inquiries.